How to Get Published workshop
This workshop will cover what makes a good article or essay. This will include concepts ranging from "how do I come up with an idea?" to "when is it time to submit?" The workshop will also explore the general structure of a good essay, using actual published articles as a guide. Feel free to bring your own essays-in-progress, ideas, or curiosity.
There will be two main parts:
- Getting to the first draft
- Getting from the first draft to a published piece.
This workshop will be especially helpful for people who already have something they want to work on together, but we'll also take some time to craft a first draft of an original piece.
- Stephen King - "On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft" ISBN 9781439156810
- Robert Caro - "Working: Researching, Interviewing, Writing" ISBN 9780525656340
- Robert Caro - "The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York" ISBN 9781847923646
Slides of the workshop File:Published.pdf