Places to go near campus:
As well as the Starbucks on campus in D'Angelo, there are several places nearby the St. John's University campus to get food and snacks.
Here are some:
- Across the street the campus is Regina's Pizza, which we found to be a nice place while setting things up at St. John's University. It's on the corner of Utopia Parkway and Union Turnpike -- exit gate 4 or 5, turn right
- 7-11 at 168th and Union Turnpike (open 24 hours) -- exit gate 5, turn left
- Dunkin’ Donuts at 168th and Union Turnpike (open 6 AM to 10 PM) -- exit gate 5, turn left
- Shopping center at corner of Union Turnpike and Utopia Parkway -- exit gate 4 or 5, turn right, cross Utopia Parkway
- There's also a dumpling place, a bodega, and a Subway down the block, plus a sushi place and a bakery across the street -- exit gate 4 or 5, turn right
- Sheik Shack - does Burgers and Masala fries. 82-37C, 164th St, Queens, NY 11432. 1100-0100hrs most nights
You’ll do best finding places by getting out and exploring! Union Turnpike is a more commercial street than Utopia Parkway.
Places in Queens to check out:
- Queens Night Market (Saturday night, 5 PM - midnight) -
- New World Mall, Flushing (open daily until 10 PM) -
https://www.newworldmallny.com/shopping-center/ Flushing is the center of Queens’s Chinatown, and this shopping center has a huge food court!
If you want to travel via public transit, double-check instructions at mta.info to make sure that buses and trains are running (and when they will arrive!). Alternatively, take a carshare service like Lyft or Uber (don’t expect to be able to hail a cab near campus).