Anarchist Hackers Village
- 1 Anarchist Hackers Village
- 1.1 Join the VR Anarchist Hacker Village
- 1.2 Abstract
- 1.3 Activities
- 1.4 Where
- 1.5 Why Mozilla Hubs
- 1.6 Help & Troubleshooting
- 1.7 Links
- 1.8 Chat on Matrix and hang out outside of VR/Mozilla Hubs
- 1.9 Contact for Help or Info
- 1.10 Other fun stuff
Anarchist Hackers Village
Join the VR Anarchist Hacker Village
- Please read instructions below so you have a good experience.
- Feel free to talk with chat or voice, or video conference.
- Video Here is an Anarchist Hacker village TOUR for those who can't join! It keeps changing by the minute & people keep adding their collective information and talks virtually!
What are Anarchist Hackers? Well considering hackers and libertarian ideas are very prevalent in the hacker culture, only recently in the last 10-15 years a big group of hackers have started to make this another part of the hacker culture along with hardware hackers, software hackers, lock pickers, journalist and so on... Anarchist Hackers are not only Hacktivists, they are full blown 100% hackers involved in the hacker culture that believe that Anarchism and the hacker culture are very similar and compatible, specially if you look at Steven Levy's hacker ethics. To read more you can check this at Noisebridge the first denominated Anarchist Hacker Space in the US Wiki page about Anarchist Hackers
- We have virtual bulletin boards where you can pin your flyers/pamphlets with information about you hacker/anarchist collective or any events going on during HOPE by asking ReK2 or killarb33z to PIN it to the bulletin board if you're not able to.
Hackerñol Live Hacker Show
- Wednesday 29th July 7:00 pm EST - We will be recording out monthly Spanish Hacker show live from the Anarchist Hacker Village.
Talks by friends
- Wednesday 29th July 12:00 pm EST Ring's Wrongs: Surveillance Capitalism, Law Enforcement Contracts, and User Tracking by Bill Budington
- Wednesday 29th July 1:00 pm EST Saving Hacking From the Zaibatsus: A Memoir by The_Gibson and hacker.town crew
- We will have random cyberpunk(Industrial, Dark Techno, Dark PsyTrance, Dark Electro, Dark synthpop etc) playing along most of the time. Here is a list of the VR rooms in the village that offer music in club-like environments:
- Outdoor psychedelic trance festival - Sigma's club - Disco house club - Cyberpunk themed chill out club
- Trizz will spin live music at the following times:
- Thursday 30th July DJ Set by Trizz 10:30pm EST - until ? EST - check it out - Friday 31st July DJ Set by Trizz 9:30pm EST - until ? EST - check it out
Documentaries related to Hacker culture with a focus on Hacktivism and Anarchism
- Sunday 26th July - 4:00 pm EST - Lucio Urtubia Documentary he was an Anarchist/Antifascist bank robber and counterfeiter who help fund the revolution vs Franco... organized by our compas at the lucyparsonslabs - This has also been archived here, so you can still check it out.
- Thursday 30th July - 8:00 pm EST - Hack the system
- Friday 31th July - 8:30 pm EST - HACKITAT - 9 LAYERS OF POLITICAL HACKING
- Saturday 1st August - 8:30 pm EST - Hackers Guardians of the New World
We are meeting and hanging out virtually using Mozilla Hubs
Why Mozilla Hubs
We try to always follow the hacker ethics specially to use open free software and hardware, before all VR rooms where propietary remember second life? it was cool but it was centralized and propietary so until now there was not VR enviroment that you could install your own node and share freely with other people. We use Mozilla hubs because we though it will be a great way to interact with people and do things together like watch documentaries, listen to music and chat. is a mix between CHAT, Video conferecing, Bulleting Board email and 3d space, in CyberSpace.
Help & Troubleshooting
The first time the VR room loads into your browser will be around 30 secs or so because the VR objects need to download. After this procedure and as long you use the same browser it will be in cache.
Regular usage Help and RTFM
What browsers we recommend
- We use Chromium, Firefox, and Qutebrowser as it needs to support webGL obviously.
- Phone works but may take longer, see phone navigation here
How to fix common issues
Try some of these troubleshooting steps to fix issues that users have experienced, such as not being able to see buildings or avatar skins:
1) Try changing settings to lower resource usage by opening the URL, check on your TOP LEFT and open the menu, click on Preferences and then Misc tab and try changing Max Resolution to a lower number or try changing Material quality to low.
2) Try changing your browser to use the mobile version If you append "?mobile" to a VR link, then it will force render to mobile, which can help some computers load the VR rooms. - Ex: https://hubs.mozilla.com/zWXK8U6/hispagatos/?mobile
- If you want to idle in VR, then tell your browser to allow idle by appending "?allow_idle" to a VR link, then it will let you idle in the VR room.
- You can also combine options in the same VR web link by per This documentation
- Anarchist Hackers
- Virtual Barrio for Anarchist Hackers
- Hackerñol Hacker show on lbry.tv
- Hackerñol Hacker show on Kolektiva.media
- The Anarcho Hacker manifesto
- Anarcho Hackers Lemmy Forum
- HackBloc Lemmy forum
- Hack The Box unoffial and libre forum
- for more check the bulleting board inside the Village! it keeps updating!
Chat on Matrix and hang out outside of VR/Mozilla Hubs
- get your favorite Matrix client we recomend Gomuks or Nheko not RIOT or new Elements they suck.
- #AnarchistHackers:hope.net <--- /join #AnarchistHackers:hope.net
- #anarchohackers:hispagatos.org [Invite only] Ask ReK2 or KillaB33z for invite
- #hackthebox:hispagatos.org [CTF channel]
- #hackers:hispagatos.org [Invite only] Ask...
- You do no need to have a hope.net matrix address to join is **federated** so resolves around the hacker ethics of decentralization.
Contact for Help or Info
- @rek2:hispagatos.org - @rek2:hope.net - @killab33z:hope.net
- firstname.lastname@example.org - pgp: https://keybase.io/rek2
Other fun stuff
Some of our members have used this website to create avatars to look like them, if you want to try it out ^_^